Hear from an expert how to craft the perfect eyebrow.
What is YOUR perfect eyebrow? When it comes to eyebrows, it is not a one size fits all. There are THREE major components to keep in mind when shaping the ideal brow.
Face shape, including eye shape and forehead width/height. What is YOUR golden ratio.
The Golden ratio, or the most timeless mathematical principles of aesthetic proportions, can directly be applied to your face for the ideal brows. This allows us to draw the brow according to each individual’s bone structure ensuring the brow beautifully frames the face and fits on the forehead.
How experts measure eyebrows according to the Golden Ratio.
Brows should begin directly above the middle of the nostril
– Avoid going too close or too far apart so that the eyes do not look to wide-set or too close-set
Brows should end where the corner of the nostril connects with the outer corner of the eye
– Brows that end too soon look too short, and brows that end too long drag the face down to create an expression of sadness.
Highest arch point should connect right in the middle of the nose and outside the pupil.
– Going in too far out or too far in risks the client looking startled or expressionless. Our eyebrows carry so much expression.
Natural Hair Color, what color will look most natural?
When it comes to color choice, I like to give three different options. Light, Medium, and Dark. It is important to remember that healed results are 15% lighter than fresh results, so choosing the initial color means choosing a color that will heal well with the root hair color of the client.
Client Preference – bold or thinner? Arch or more of a natural slope.
Last and often times most importantly, I like to ask all clients, what is YOUR preferred eyebrow. I give my recommendations and then factor in your preference, afterall, it is YOUR face.
Natural Brow Finish, prefect medium brown for her skin tone.
3D microblading, shading and touch-ups, what is the price?
When considering microblading, the cost is something we often look at to make our final choice. Below are the various forms of microblading and their price range.
The average rate for microblading ranges anywhere from $500-$900, with some outliers in the lower/higher range. This all depends on location, talent of artist, and years of experience.
3D microblading, or what is known as traditional hair stroke microblading, is the most common form. It is also perfect for those looking to enhance their eyebrows with a natural look. Microblading San Diego rates are $600 for traditional microblading. Traditional microblading always includes one free touch up. It is highly recommended that the client does both sessions to achieve the perfect, long lasting microblading results.
Microshading, a different method that can be done with a hand-held or machine tool, can be combined with traditional microblading to add more depth and definition while still maintaining a more natural look. It can also be done alone for a more defined look “makeup” look. This is perfect for those looking for a bold brow. Prices for Microshading range from $600-$1,000. Microblading San Diego charges $700 for either combination brows (microblading & shading). This method involves additional time and tools after the initial microblading is done, to allow for darker more makeup finished brows. This process also includes a free touch up.
1-3 year touch ups are about half the price of initial appointments. They range anywhere from $250-$500. Microblading San Diego charges $300. One year touch ups, also known as color refreshers, are only one appointment. They do not require a second touch up, and they are meant to touch up anything that faded over the course of 1-3 years.
Top Rated salons are different for several reasons.
High quality Microblading begins with the Microblading technician. The majority of top rated microblading artists have gone through multiple courses and countless hours of practice to perfect their craft. Investment in SEVERAL trainings leads to higher quality work, which reflects in reviews and ratings as well as the price bracket of the work. Make sure to do your research on your artist and feel free to ask questions!
Top rated salons also do not take more than 2-3 clients a day. Why? Because they DO NOT rush the process. If salons are cutting costs, then odds are they are trying to get in as many people as possible a day, and speeding through the appointment. This is a process that involves intricate hair stroke work, and if it is rushed it will show in the work!
Top rated salons are ALWAYS licenced. We adhere to the strictest of safety rules and cleanliness rules. They have already jumped all the legal hoops that allow them to operate safely. One of those requirements is to be blood borne pathogen certified. This means we know how to prevent the spread of bloodborne pathogens and only use 100% disposable items. Non top rated salons do not do this. The reusable tools means there is potential of improper sanitization which means potential infection and therefore you should NEVER set foot in a salon that cannot prove its credentials.
Top rated salons also offer a free touch up that is necessary for your brows to last a long time. Additionally, we do two topical numbings to make sure that you feel your most comfortable throughout the whole process, where most people do not do a pre-numb because it takes an additional 45 minutes. Once again, we NEVER rush the process. Perfectly healed and shaped microblading brows is our specialty.
What is Microblading?
Microblading is a form of semi-permanent tattooing, also known as permanent makeup, 3-D brows, or brow feathering. Proper Microblading goes down to the third layer of skin and is done with a hand held tool called an 18 blade U-needle to create natural, hair-like strokes.
How Deep Does Microblading Go?
If microblading is only done on the surface level, or epidermis, then it will fade away very rapidly. If it done too deep, or down to the hypodermis, the ink will blur and loos its hair-like quality.
Microblading goes down to the second layer of the skin, known as the dermis. It is vital that the technician hits the “sweet spot” of the skin for clean strokes and great brow retention. By going down to the second layer of the skin, the microblading artist is ensuring that your brows will heal well with thin clean strokes, as well as last a minimum of nine months and a maximum of three years.
The Microblading Process
In order to get down to the right layer of the skin, an artist must do two passes. At Microblading San Diego by A. Samara Beauty, we want our clients to be comfortable throughout the whole process therefore we apply a topical numbing cream for 45 minutes for maximum absorption and relief. After that we map out the brow, show the client the shape, and get final approval before beginning. Then we begin the first pass. The first pass is where all the artistry is, and does not go down to the second layer of the skin. The second pass of Microblading goes down to the second layer of the skin and ensures you will have beautiful, long-lasting results.
The Touch Up
5-6 weeks after the initial microblading session, a “perfecting touch-up” is required. During the healing process approximately 85%-95% of the eyebrows remain, and the perfecting touch-up fills in any of the remaining strokes that may have faded during healing. After the two microblading sessions, your brows are all set and ready to go makeup free!
I always like to tell my clients that Microblading is a process. The healing time of your eyebrow is actually different than the time it takes for your brow to be complete. This may sound confusing, so here is a break down of what to expect day by day.
- Day 1-10: You are going to be totally in love with your brows, however, since the skin is open and the brows are fresh, this is considered an open scab. You should not get your eyebrows wet for at least 10 days, and 2 weeks maximum, directly following your procedure. This is considered the most vital time of the healing process because it is when the ink is taking to the skin the most! After the initial ten days, all the scabbing should have subsided and you are ready to wash your brows again! This is considered “healed” however, it will take another three weeks before you see the color resurface to its true and final color.
- Day 10-14: After washing your eyebrows on day 11, they may appear much lighter than what you would expect. Fear not! Because the color will resurface.
- Day 14-28: At this point you will slowly start to see a resurfacing in color, and the true healed tone of hair will appear.
- Day 30-42: After 5 weeks your true color will appear! This is when you are ready for the “perfecting touch up”
The Perfecting Touch-Up
Although the perfecting touch-up is not required, it is Highly Recommended. It is about half the time of the initial appointment. At the end of the initial healing process approximately 85%-95% of the eyebrows remain, and that last 15-5% is done in perfecting touch-up.
So you’ve already taken the plunge and invested in a microblading training course, and now you’re wondering how to utilize this valuable skill set. I have outlined three vital points to keep in mind so that you can make the MOST out of your microblading training.
How to Pick the Right Microblading Training Course
Before purchasing any course make sure that it is the right fit for you. Do you learn easily on your own? Then consider an online course. Are you more of a hands on learner? Then in person might be the best option for you. Check to see if the course includes everything you are looking for and would need to learn the new skill set. And pick a top rated microblading training course.
What to Expect During Your Microblading Training Course
With so much information coming your way all at once, it is important to TAKE NOTES! At A. Samara Beauty we provide a very detailed manual with space for notes that will help you understand. We also provide educational videos and photos to help give visual memory of every detail. During the course, the most helpful thing to do is ask questions. With such a new skill set instructors are aware that students will have many questions that can really change the game of their microblading. One major tip is, the night of DAY 1 of the course, take your kit home and practice! Practice everything you have learned while the information is still fresh to solidify new information. This also helps because then you can take notes on what you feel you need help on and go back on DAY 2 of the training course with questions that will help you out specifically!
What to Do After Your Microblading Class
When the course is done the most important thing to do is to keep up with all your training. Drawing your patterns on practice every night will drastically improve your microblading. It will make your hands flow so much easier, and get your wrists in practice of how to draw. Additionally, following other microblading artists around the world on social media platforms like instagram and facebook gives you access to tons of high quality microblading inspiration and several tips and tricks. Lastly, schedule a shadow appointment with us! After you have taken the time to practice and accumulate all the questions you may have, schedule an appointment to allow time to answer all the questions that may occur!
Microblading can be a wonderful career for people in the beauty industry who love to help clients feel confident and beautiful in their own skin. But, before you decide to jump into a training program, it is important that you do the work to choose the RIGHT microblading class to set you up for success.
I’ve been seeing a ton of 2- or 3-day microblading training courses pop up lately because people feel like they can make better money at training than actually providing the microblading service (which is much harder to do). So, before you sign up for a quick training session, it is important to realize this is an exceedingly difficult and intricate skill to learn so you want to be sure you receive the right training from the right instructor so you are not left confused and unprepared.
Think about it — most tattoo artists are required to apprentice for two years before they can even touch human skin with a needle. Although this is different, it is important that you learn the proper techniques and that you understand all the potential issues that may arise with clients before they actually do.
Tips for Choosing the Right Class
OK, so next step—how do you choose the right microblading class? Well, it may take time and it will not be cheap. But here are a few tips that may help your process:
- Choose an instructor with experience. I’ve seen these courses pop up from instructors with very little experience and that is not what you want. To be sure you are learning from the best, you will want to go with an instructor who has at least two years of experience in microblading. It is also important to look at his or her portfolio to be sure your style fits with theirs. Reviews are also important! Look for client testimonials and reviews to make sure he or she is someone who can teach you the tips and tricks you need to know to make a range of clients happy.
- What does the course look like? Before choosing a class, it will be important to know how many days of training there will be and what the agenda looks like. The key thing to look for is a course that offers a comprehensive, in-depth agenda.
- What happens once the course is over? It is also important to find a course that offers continued support after the program is over. Just know it is common to feel overwhelmed and full of questions when the training is over, so it is important to go with an instructor who will provide ongoing support and a space where you can continue to ask questions and seek help.
- Practice on live models is key! When you are choosing a microblading class, make sure you will be able to practice on a live model. It is so important to touch as much skin as you can and get as much practice in before asking to be paid.
Talk to Us About Our Microblading Class
At A. Samara Beauty, we offer comprehensive training courses to ensure you feel confident and ready upon completion. We are passionate about our personal microblading services and want to make sure we provide the best training possible for those who share a passion in making people feel beautiful.
Our training offers one-on-one attention, practice on a live model and a full kit so you can perform several procedures on your own. We also offer continued support and mentorship after you complete your training and will always be here to support you and answer all your questions.
To learn more or to enroll in our microblading training course, contact us today. We look forward to hearing from you and being a part of this new journey!
If you are considering taking courses to become a microblading artist, there are a few things you should think about before starting the program.
First, it is especially important to recognize your ability to be a perfectionist. Microblading is an incredibly detailed, precise service that takes time and focus. It is not something that can be rushed. So, before you dive into a microblading training course, you should really think about whether it is truly something that will be enjoyable for you to do.
It is also important to choose a program that feels right for you. Not all microblading training courses are taught the same — some are strictly online while others are in-person, offering more one-on-one attention. You should also make sure you check out the instructor’s work ahead of time to determine if his or her style matches your own.
Some other things to think about before starting your microblading courses include:
- Practice makes perfect! Sound cliché? Well, it’s not. It’s true, especially in this field. It’s totally normal to feel eager to start on your first actual client after completing the course. But, even when you think you are ready, you should practice a few more times to really gain the confidence in your abilities. Your client will feel your confidence and that will make her or him feel confident in the process as well.
- Be prepared to take detailed notes and practice everything you learn. It may sound silly to be told to take notes, but it’s really important to take detailed notes as you are going through the training. It is also important to practice what you learn each night so you can retain the information and really develop the proper techniques while training is fresh in your mind.
- Not every eyebrow will be shaped the same, so it is important to learn the proper technique to create the right shape for each individual face. This is a skill you must learn to perfect before starting on paying clients, so make sure to really pay attention to this during training and ask questions if you have them!
- When you are choosing your microblading course, make sure that you will have great support after the course is over. Choosing an instructor who will continue to support you and will be available for questions post-training is important so you can continue to feel confident in your new skill and develop more techniques.
Before you dive into a microblading course, it is important to do your research to make sure it is something you really want to do and believe you can do. It is equally important to find the right instructor with the right training course for you. Don’t just choose a course that is fast or cheap — really make sure it is a course that will help you become the best microblading artist possible.
Learn More About A. Samara Beauty and Our Microblading Course
To learn more about the course we provide, contact us today. We pour into our students and make sure they receive the best possibly training experience so they can have the tools to become the best artist they can be! We look forward to hearing from you and helping you on this new journey!
Microblading Near YOU!
When it comes to a semi-permanent procedure on your face, it is important to not settle for just the closest salon near you. However, how far is too far to drive?
Microblading has only been in the US for 6 years, and now it seems like everybody you know has had it done. It definitely is a HUGE trend, and as it has gained popularity, it has become more accessible to everyone. Several of my clients share stories of traveling all the way to Los Angeles from San Diego and neighboring areas just to get microblading done, but the good news is that today, microblading can be found near you!
Microblading San Diego By A. Samara Beauty often has clients coming in from San Diego and neighboring areas such as Chula Vista, Del Mar, El Cajon and more. We are located in Downtown, and are an easy drive away from the majority of San Diego suburbs. We also have free downtown parking for our clients to make it as easy of an experience as possible.
Initial appointment takes about 2.5 hours, and the touch up takes about 1.5 hours, therefore for the first full procedure it takes two sessions. Therefore making a trip more than 45 minutes away can get overwhelming! Thankfully with the increase in popularity and demand there is an increase in artists.
Each area has its own style, so finding somebody near you that specializes in the style you’re looking for can be such a relief! You will ideally be building a long term relationship with your artist so making sure it is comfortable in both the aesthetic and accessibility is a win/win situation! Los Angeles trends yield big, fluffy brows. I see this happening more often to mimic the “model brow” look that Cara Delvign and others are rocking. San Diego, Chula Vista, and neighboring areas have a more conservative, day to day perfection style. Microblading San Diego by A. Samara Beauty specializes in the “Naturally Perfect” brow. We do just the right amount of width and density to suit YOUR face, because although big trendy brows are beautiful, it is all about timeless beauty for such a semi-permanent procedure.
Take a look at more of our signature “Naturally Perfect” brows on our instagram (@a.samarabeauty)! No more need to drive over 2 hours and be stuck in LA traffic anymore.
Microblading has quickly become one of the hottest trends in the beauty industry. More and more women and men are jumping on the train, seeking beautiful, full brows. As it becomes more popular, estheticians who are passionate about helping people feel confident and beautiful in their own skin are taking courses to become microblading artists.
If you are passionate about the beauty industry and are wanting to become a professional microblading artist, it is important that you receive proper training so you can provide your clients with the most beautiful results they can feel confident and proud of.
At A. Samara Beauty, we offer in-depth microblading training courses followed by continued support and mentorship. By learning from the best artist, and having continued support, you will be sure to learn the proper techniques so your clients will love their results!
What Do Our Microblading Training Courses Include?
We designed our microblading training courses with the intention of providing the most detailed and comprehensive education on microblading.
We take our time to go through all the fundamental steps of microblading to ensure our students understand the proper techniques and are able to deliver outstanding results for their clients.
Training courses include:
- A live model
- Complete kit so each trainee can perform several procedures on his/her own
- In-depth videos and manuals so you can take detailed notes
- One-one-on attention with an experienced microblading artist to ensure all your questions are addressed and you complete the training feeling confident and ready to become a successful artist
- Post-course support and mentorship to make sure you continue to feel confident
- Complete guide to all the tips and tricks of the trade
The Right Training is Everything in the Beauty Industry
Learning from the right artist is incredibly important. When someone comes to you with trust to semi-permanently tattoo their face, it is especially important that you can deliver beautiful results that enhance their features and make them feel beautiful.
Learning the proper techniques is important. At A. Samara Beauty, we are dedicated to providing the highest-quality training with a lot of attention to detail. We make sure you fully understand the proper technique and are equipped with all the tips, tricks and secrets upon completion.
We understand the level of trust people are putting into you to help them create the perfect brow for their face and we will make sure to give you the best training and mentorship support so you can feel confident in your work and provide exceptional results that will make you and your clients proud!
Learn More about Our Microblading Training Program
If you’re eager to learn how to become a successful microblading artists, contact us to find out if our training is right for you. We look forward to hearing from you and being a part of this new journey! We are committed to your success and will do everything we can to provide you with the proper skills that will set your work apart from others in the industry.