South Park Microblading Tips
Does the thought of tattooing your face scare you? If so, you are not alone! Afterall, microblading is a semi-permanent tattoo on your face that, if done properly, will last a long time. So, I’m sure you want to make sure you hire the right artist and everything turns out perfect.
At A. Samara Beauty, we completely understand that your eyebrows are one of the most important and defining features on your face. We also understand your concern for wanting the results to be just right. As a result, we will walk you through the process step by step and address any concerns you have prior to booking your actual appointment.
We provide microblading services for individuals in the South Park area and surrounding communities in San Diego and would love to discuss any concerns you have.
In an effort to help prepare you, we have compiled some tips:
Things to Avoid Before Your Procedure
There are some things you should avoid during the days leading up to your procedure, including:
- Direct exposure to the sun — you do not want a sunburn or to be peeling at the time of the procedure as this may cause extra irritation to the area. Dry or peeling skin will also affect the color of the tattoo and may cause it to be uneven.
- Avoid medications that can cause the blood to thin for at least 48-72 hours before the procedure — these include Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen.
- Avoid fish oil and any hair or nail supplements for 48 hours before as well.
- Do not drink coffee or anything with caffeine the day of the procedure.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours before.
Things to Do the Day of the Procedure
Your artist will guide you through the steps of what to do the day of the procedure. A reputable microblading artist will make sure to thoroughly clean the area to prevent irritation or infection. However, you should use a gentle cleanser to clean the eyebrow area before going in. You may even consider lightly exfoliating the night before, but do not over exfoliate as it could leave the skin thin and unprotected.
After gently removing dirt and bacteria from the skin, you should properly moisturize! This is an especially important step that people often forget. Adding moisture adds a protective layer to the skin and makes it healthy. Overly dry skin may not take the color as well tends to be more irritable.
What to Do After the Procedure
Post procedure care is pertinent to your results. The following are some definite dos following microblading:
- Keep ointment such as Aquaphor on the area for 7 days following the procedure to make sure it is protected and that it properly heal. The ointment will provide a protective layer.
- Do not scrub or pick at the brow area even if it scabs.
- Do not wear makeup until your artist says it’s OK.
Find Out of Microblading is Right for You
If you are in the South Park area or a surrounding community and you are considering microblading, contact us to schedule a consultation with an experienced and talented artist. Microblading truly is an artform and we make sure to treat it as such. We will help you properly prep for the procedure and achieve the most beautiful brows for your unique face!