Tips for the Best Microblading Experience in La Mesa
Whether you overplucked your eyebrows in the 90s, or just wish your eyebrows were fuller or darker, microblading may be the answer you’ve been looking for. I’m sure you’ve heard of microblading, and you probably know of at least one person who has had it done, but there are some things you should know beforehand to ensure you have the best experience and are happy with your results.
Tips for Choosing the Right Microblading Technician in La Mesa
Clearly one of the first things you must do is choose the right technician. This seems simple, but it’s not. You are putting your face in the hands of someone else, so it’s important you choose the right person for you.
• First, make sure the technician you choose has proven results and can show you pictures and videos of his or her personal clients.
• Make sure that when you are looking through his or her portfolio you see examples of eyebrow shape and coloring similar to what you would want. There are various pigments and shapes so it’s important to know he or she can give you the results you are looking for specifically.
• Look for client testimonials and read what they have to say about their experience and results.
• A good place to look is his or her social media page to see additional examples of his/her work.
• Make sure he or she is willing to fully answer your questions and address any concerns you may have prior to the procedure.
• Make sure your technician is licensed.
Pre-Procedure Tips for Microblading
When you choose your technician and book your appointment for microblading in La Mesa or a surrounding area, make sure to ask what you can do to avoid potential risks prior to your appointment. Some of the tips we share with our clients include:
• Avoid potential blood thinners a few days before the procedure, including fish oil supplements, Advil and ibuprofen.
• Avoid caffeine or alcohol a couple days before the procedure.
• Do not pluck or wax the area.
• Stay away from Botox just before your appointment.
Healing usually takes about two weeks, but it is common to experience redness, itchiness and scabbing.
Here are a few tips to help with the healing process:
• Avoid pools, Jacuzzis and saunas.
• Stay out of direct sunlight or tanning beds.
• Limit exercise or sports causing you to sweat.
• Do not scratch or rub the area.
• If you experience excess fluid in the first 24 hours, use a sterile cloth to lightly blot the area.
• After day 4 you can apply Aquaphor (or the ointment provided by your technician) to help with the dryness and to ease irritation.
If you are looking for top microblading services in La Mesa and surrounding communities, we would love to speak with you! A. Samara Beauty has a proven record of success and has a long list of happy and satisfied clients. We pride ourselves in our experience, attention to detail and client satisfaction.
We understand that every client is different and that each brow has its own unique shape and color. We view microblading as an art and an honor as it is a semi-permanent change to help clients look and feel their best! We would be honored to speak with you, discuss your specific needs, and give you all the tips for a successful experience with results you’ll love.