People enter the beauty industry for many different reasons. For many of us, it is because we realize the value we can bring to others by making them feel beautiful and confident in their skin. I know for me, nothing feels better than helping someone feel better about themselves and more confident with the way they look. If you are in the beauty industry and are considering taking microblading training, you are making the right decision for your future and for others!
We’ve put together a list of the top five reasons we believe you should get microblading training…
1. Stability in your career: microblading is quickly becoming one of the most popular beauty trends. In fact, according to Forbes’ report, microblading is a billion-dollar industry and it is not going anywhere any time soon. So, if you are already in the cosmetic industry or if you are just starting out and wondering which direction you should go, getting licensed as a microblading artist is a really smart decision for your future. Microblading training is relatively quick, and you can be earning a successful income in no time! One thing to think about as you are considering microblading training is you want to make sure you invest in a trainer with experience and wonderful reviews so you get the right training that will lead you to a successful career in making people feel beautiful!
2. Freedom in your career: one of the best things about becoming a licensed artist is that you can become your own boss and work when and where you want. Once you find a facility to work in, you can oversee setting your own appointments around your own schedule. In this day and age, time freedom is everything! But, keep in mind, it is up to you to find a salon that will allow you to work in this way. For instance, you may set something up with the owner, so you simply pay “booth rent” to rent the space in the salon even though you decide when to book the appointments.
3. Help people feel more confident: helping someone feel more confident in their skin is one of the best feelings. When you get the right microblading training, you will be able to experience this every single day! You will help women and men of all walks of life feel more beautiful, radiant and confident every day and this is something that will never get old!
4. Create a sense of pride for what you do: after you are trained and you start working, your client list will grow, and more people will start coming to you to help them achieve the perfect brow. This is something that will boost your own confidence and make you feel proud of yourself, your work, and your career choice.
5. High demand without a lot of competition: because microblading is relatively new, there isn’t a whole lot of competition out there. So, if you receive the right training, you can market yourself via social media and start generating a lot of business fast. The demand for the perfect brow without having to pencil it in everyday is becoming increasingly higher and there isn’t a ton of people doing it yet, so you can position yourself as a top artist pretty quickly.
Once you feel confident with your decision to obtain microblading training, the next step is to find the right microblading training course near you. It is especially important to seek training from someone who has years of experience in microblading him or herself and has a long list of positive reviews.
If you are seeking professional microblading services here in San Diego, contact A. Samara Beauty today!
Gone are the days of the ultra-thin eyebrow that is basically non-existent. Today, we are in the age of the fuller, thicker, darker brow. But how do we achieve this look when our eyebrows are thin, sparce or just not as dark as want them to be?
Well…you have a couple options. Of course, you can pencil in your eyebrows every day to make them appear richer and fuller. But, you run the risk of losing your perfect brows when you go swimming or wipe your face after a hot sweaty yoga sesh. Option B, and my personal favorite, is to undergo microblading. This will create the most beautiful, natural looking brow that you don’t have to worry about penciling in yourself ever again!
OK, so you’ve decided to give microblading a shot. But how do you determine the perfect brow for your face. Well, first, take inventory of other people’s brows and find someone with a similar face shape whose eyebrows you love and start there. From there, you can work with your microblading artist to come up with the perfect brow for your face.
What is Your Face Shape?
As you start thinking about achieving the perfect brow, whether its through a pencil or if you are going to seek out microblading, it is important to keep in mind what looks good on someone else may not look good on you. So, the first step to finding you YOUR perfect brow is finding YOUR face shape. You can do this easily by looking in the mirror and asking yourself if your face is round, oval, long, square, heart shaped or diamond.
Perfect Brows for Round Faces: if your face is round, you can use the shape of your eyebrows to make it appear less circular. To do this, you want to lift the arch and spice up the angel. By lifting the arch, it will lengthen the look of your face, giving the illusion that your face is more oval than round.
Perfect Brows for Oval Faces: if your face is more oval, you will want to create a brow that has a soft angle and small arch. This look is softer and more feminine. You can still create a gorgeous thick and full brow with a soft arch.
Perfect Brows for Long Faces: if you have a long face, you want to create a flatter brow (one with less arch) to create the illusion that your face is shorter or more oval.
Perfect Eyebrows for Square Faces: a square face means you have a strong jawline. This is a gorgeous feature that you can balance out with an equally strong brow. The perfect brow for someone with a square face is one that has a defined arch.
Perfect Eyebrows for Heart Shaped Faces: if your face is heart shaped, you may consider going with a strong brow with a higher arch to extend your face.
Perfect Eyebrows for Diamond Shaped Faces: diamond shape faces are rare, but gorgeous. If this is you, you will want to create a softer look by going with less of an arch.
Ready to Get the Perfect Brow?
If you are in the San Diego area and are looking to achieve the most beautiful brow for your face, come see us at A. Samara Beauty! We would love to answer any questions you may have about microblading and help you achieve the perfect brow to enhance your natural beauty.
If you are considering adding microblading to your list of skills, you are making the right decision! Microblading is a leading beauty trend and is not going anywhere anytime soon. More and more people are searching for the perfect brow that they no longer have to pencil in. So, you are right on time to hit the ground running and start an incredible business in microblading!
If you are looking for microblading classes in the Encinitas area and are wondering what to look for, we can help! Taking training courses from a reputable and highly experienced artist can add so much value to your training experience. If you are wondering what sets a good training program apart from the rest, here are a few things that may help during your search:
1. Does the training course allow you to work with live models? This is huge! Imagine going through an online course and completing your microblading training without ever touching real skin or practicing on real brows? I mean…I can’t imagine that you would be prepared for that first client, can you? So, it is very important to make sure the training course you choose provides you with live models to practice on.
2. How long is the microblading training course and is it in person or virtual? The type of training you choose is very important for a few reasons. First of all, yes some courses are super quick and this may seem appealing to you. But, keep in mind, you will be putting semi-permanent tattoos on people’s faces so you will need all the hours of training you can possibly get. So, even though a shorter training may seem appealing it may not be your best option. Also, what style of learner are you? We understand that most courses are virtual as people continue to social distance, but you may consider choosing a course where part of it is in person if that is the best way you will soak in the information.
3. What does the course cover? When you are looking for microblading classes near you, it is important to look at the agenda and make sure the course covers all the bases. There are fundamental things you will need to know, but you will also want to choose a course that goes above and beyond and teaches you more than just the basics. You want classes that will really prep you for a solid career in microblading right away.
At A. Samara Beauty, our classes include microblading theory, color theory, skin types, pressure, proper grip and depth, mapping, shaping and more. We also show our students how to gain clients and how to use social media to grow their businesses. We allow our students to practice on live models and offer continued support and mentorship after the classes are complete.
We believe in our students and want to provide everything they need to be successful. No matter where you choose to take your microblading classes, just be sure that they are fully equipped to give you the tools you need to learn proper techniques as well as ways to grow your business once you obtain certification.
If you are in the beauty industry and are thinking of expanding your skillset to include microblading services or if you are just starting out and want to begin a career in microblading, there are some steps you should take to set yourself up for success. It is important to note that microblading is a very detailed and intricate service and it takes a lot of time, dedication and practice to become good at it. It is not something you can just jump into and wing, but if you put in the time and practice, it can become an extremely lucrative and satisfying career!
We’ve outlined some steps you should take if you are interested in starting your career in microblading.
1. Make sure this is something you really want to pursue: oftentimes people decide they want to start a career in microblading because it is the latest trend and seems like a quick and easy way to make good money. Yes! You can certainly make a great living from a microblading career, but it is important to note that you will need a lot of training before you start making the big bucks. If you look at what it really takes to become skilled in microblading and you decide that you are passionate about it and want to put in the time, your next step is finding and choosing the right training course.
2. Choosing the right microblading training: This is one of the most important steps you will take. It is so important that you choose a highly skilled and reputable trainer who will teach you the right way to microblade. This is the step you do not want to cut corners on. If you choose a training course because it is cheap or quick, you could be doing yourself a complete disservice. Before you choose the training program, investigate the person who will be training you and make sure he or she has a reputation for success and has a portfolio with exceptional results and highly rated client reviews. You will want to learn from the best so you can learn to be the best yourself.
3. Get documentation that you completed the training: once you choose the training course, you will need to enroll and get started so you can complete the course. This will be a lot of work, but if you genuinely want a career in microblading, you will enjoy it and will complete the program eager and ready!
4. Look for an apprenticeship: once you receive your microblading certification, you will want to look for an apprenticeship immediately so you can continue to learn and practice. Practicing on real skin is so important as the more people you practice on the better you will become and the more confident you will be.
5. Get the equipment you need: this may seem like an obvious step, but in order to put your training to use and start working, you will need to get all the equipment you need. This is also a step where you do not want to cut corners! It is important to invest in high quality blades and equipment so you can do the best work.
6. Take lots of before and after pictures: be sure to take before and after pictures of every person you work on — even during training. This will show potential clients your work so they know they can trust you with their brows!
7. Apply for a job: while this step seems obvious, it is important to keep in mind that you may not get a high paying job right away. You may be hired as an assistant at first and that’s OK! This will allow you to continue to learn and grow and become the best at what you do!
Hear from an expert how to craft the perfect eyebrow.
What is YOUR perfect eyebrow? When it comes to eyebrows, it is not a one size fits all. There are THREE major components to keep in mind when shaping the ideal brow.
Face shape, including eye shape and forehead width/height. What is YOUR golden ratio.
The Golden ratio, or the most timeless mathematical principles of aesthetic proportions, can directly be applied to your face for the ideal brows. This allows us to draw the brow according to each individual’s bone structure ensuring the brow beautifully frames the face and fits on the forehead.
How experts measure eyebrows according to the Golden Ratio.
Brows should begin directly above the middle of the nostril
– Avoid going too close or too far apart so that the eyes do not look to wide-set or too close-set
Brows should end where the corner of the nostril connects with the outer corner of the eye
– Brows that end too soon look too short, and brows that end too long drag the face down to create an expression of sadness.
Highest arch point should connect right in the middle of the nose and outside the pupil.
– Going in too far out or too far in risks the client looking startled or expressionless. Our eyebrows carry so much expression.
Natural Hair Color, what color will look most natural?
When it comes to color choice, I like to give three different options. Light, Medium, and Dark. It is important to remember that healed results are 15% lighter than fresh results, so choosing the initial color means choosing a color that will heal well with the root hair color of the client.
Client Preference – bold or thinner? Arch or more of a natural slope.
Last and often times most importantly, I like to ask all clients, what is YOUR preferred eyebrow. I give my recommendations and then factor in your preference, afterall, it is YOUR face.
Natural Brow Finish, prefect medium brown for her skin tone.
3D microblading, shading and touch-ups, what is the price?
When considering microblading, the cost is something we often look at to make our final choice. Below are the various forms of microblading and their price range.
The average rate for microblading ranges anywhere from $500-$900, with some outliers in the lower/higher range. This all depends on location, talent of artist, and years of experience.
3D microblading, or what is known as traditional hair stroke microblading, is the most common form. It is also perfect for those looking to enhance their eyebrows with a natural look. Microblading San Diego rates are $600 for traditional microblading. Traditional microblading always includes one free touch up. It is highly recommended that the client does both sessions to achieve the perfect, long lasting microblading results.
Microshading, a different method that can be done with a hand-held or machine tool, can be combined with traditional microblading to add more depth and definition while still maintaining a more natural look. It can also be done alone for a more defined look “makeup” look. This is perfect for those looking for a bold brow. Prices for Microshading range from $600-$1,000. Microblading San Diego charges $700 for either combination brows (microblading & shading). This method involves additional time and tools after the initial microblading is done, to allow for darker more makeup finished brows. This process also includes a free touch up.
1-3 year touch ups are about half the price of initial appointments. They range anywhere from $250-$500. Microblading San Diego charges $300. One year touch ups, also known as color refreshers, are only one appointment. They do not require a second touch up, and they are meant to touch up anything that faded over the course of 1-3 years.
Top Rated salons are different for several reasons.
High quality Microblading begins with the Microblading technician. The majority of top rated microblading artists have gone through multiple courses and countless hours of practice to perfect their craft. Investment in SEVERAL trainings leads to higher quality work, which reflects in reviews and ratings as well as the price bracket of the work. Make sure to do your research on your artist and feel free to ask questions!
Top rated salons also do not take more than 2-3 clients a day. Why? Because they DO NOT rush the process. If salons are cutting costs, then odds are they are trying to get in as many people as possible a day, and speeding through the appointment. This is a process that involves intricate hair stroke work, and if it is rushed it will show in the work!
Top rated salons are ALWAYS licenced. We adhere to the strictest of safety rules and cleanliness rules. They have already jumped all the legal hoops that allow them to operate safely. One of those requirements is to be blood borne pathogen certified. This means we know how to prevent the spread of bloodborne pathogens and only use 100% disposable items. Non top rated salons do not do this. The reusable tools means there is potential of improper sanitization which means potential infection and therefore you should NEVER set foot in a salon that cannot prove its credentials.
Top rated salons also offer a free touch up that is necessary for your brows to last a long time. Additionally, we do two topical numbings to make sure that you feel your most comfortable throughout the whole process, where most people do not do a pre-numb because it takes an additional 45 minutes. Once again, we NEVER rush the process. Perfectly healed and shaped microblading brows is our specialty.
What is Microblading?
Microblading is a form of semi-permanent tattooing, also known as permanent makeup, 3-D brows, or brow feathering. Proper Microblading goes down to the third layer of skin and is done with a hand held tool called an 18 blade U-needle to create natural, hair-like strokes.
How Deep Does Microblading Go?
If microblading is only done on the surface level, or epidermis, then it will fade away very rapidly. If it done too deep, or down to the hypodermis, the ink will blur and loos its hair-like quality.
Microblading goes down to the second layer of the skin, known as the dermis. It is vital that the technician hits the “sweet spot” of the skin for clean strokes and great brow retention. By going down to the second layer of the skin, the microblading artist is ensuring that your brows will heal well with thin clean strokes, as well as last a minimum of nine months and a maximum of three years.
The Microblading Process
In order to get down to the right layer of the skin, an artist must do two passes. At Microblading San Diego by A. Samara Beauty, we want our clients to be comfortable throughout the whole process therefore we apply a topical numbing cream for 45 minutes for maximum absorption and relief. After that we map out the brow, show the client the shape, and get final approval before beginning. Then we begin the first pass. The first pass is where all the artistry is, and does not go down to the second layer of the skin. The second pass of Microblading goes down to the second layer of the skin and ensures you will have beautiful, long-lasting results.
The Touch Up
5-6 weeks after the initial microblading session, a “perfecting touch-up” is required. During the healing process approximately 85%-95% of the eyebrows remain, and the perfecting touch-up fills in any of the remaining strokes that may have faded during healing. After the two microblading sessions, your brows are all set and ready to go makeup free!
I always like to tell my clients that Microblading is a process. The healing time of your eyebrow is actually different than the time it takes for your brow to be complete. This may sound confusing, so here is a break down of what to expect day by day.
- Day 1-10: You are going to be totally in love with your brows, however, since the skin is open and the brows are fresh, this is considered an open scab. You should not get your eyebrows wet for at least 10 days, and 2 weeks maximum, directly following your procedure. This is considered the most vital time of the healing process because it is when the ink is taking to the skin the most! After the initial ten days, all the scabbing should have subsided and you are ready to wash your brows again! This is considered “healed” however, it will take another three weeks before you see the color resurface to its true and final color.
- Day 10-14: After washing your eyebrows on day 11, they may appear much lighter than what you would expect. Fear not! Because the color will resurface.
- Day 14-28: At this point you will slowly start to see a resurfacing in color, and the true healed tone of hair will appear.
- Day 30-42: After 5 weeks your true color will appear! This is when you are ready for the “perfecting touch up”
The Perfecting Touch-Up
Although the perfecting touch-up is not required, it is Highly Recommended. It is about half the time of the initial appointment. At the end of the initial healing process approximately 85%-95% of the eyebrows remain, and that last 15-5% is done in perfecting touch-up.
So you’ve already taken the plunge and invested in a microblading training course, and now you’re wondering how to utilize this valuable skill set. I have outlined three vital points to keep in mind so that you can make the MOST out of your microblading training.
How to Pick the Right Microblading Training Course
Before purchasing any course make sure that it is the right fit for you. Do you learn easily on your own? Then consider an online course. Are you more of a hands on learner? Then in person might be the best option for you. Check to see if the course includes everything you are looking for and would need to learn the new skill set. And pick a top rated microblading training course.
What to Expect During Your Microblading Training Course
With so much information coming your way all at once, it is important to TAKE NOTES! At A. Samara Beauty we provide a very detailed manual with space for notes that will help you understand. We also provide educational videos and photos to help give visual memory of every detail. During the course, the most helpful thing to do is ask questions. With such a new skill set instructors are aware that students will have many questions that can really change the game of their microblading. One major tip is, the night of DAY 1 of the course, take your kit home and practice! Practice everything you have learned while the information is still fresh to solidify new information. This also helps because then you can take notes on what you feel you need help on and go back on DAY 2 of the training course with questions that will help you out specifically!
What to Do After Your Microblading Class
When the course is done the most important thing to do is to keep up with all your training. Drawing your patterns on practice every night will drastically improve your microblading. It will make your hands flow so much easier, and get your wrists in practice of how to draw. Additionally, following other microblading artists around the world on social media platforms like instagram and facebook gives you access to tons of high quality microblading inspiration and several tips and tricks. Lastly, schedule a shadow appointment with us! After you have taken the time to practice and accumulate all the questions you may have, schedule an appointment to allow time to answer all the questions that may occur!