If you are in the La Jolla area and are looking for exceptional microblading services, contact A. Samara Beauty Salon for a private consultation. We have been servicing members of the La Jolla community for years and would love to discuss your microblading needs.
Microblading Tailored to Your Face and Style
The shape and color of a person’s eyebrow can completely change the way he or she looks. Because every face is unique, it is important to find an artist with a lot of experience in microblading and who has worked with clients who have similar eyebrow shape and coloring as you want.
Never feel afraid to ask to look at an artist’s portfolio and to see client reviews and testimonials before deciding if he or she is the right fit for you — after all, this is a semi-permanent tattoo that is on your face and you’ll want to go with someone who will give you the beautiful results you are looking for.
What to Look for When Choosing a La Jolla Microblading Artist
If you are looking for a microblading artist in the La Jolla area, it is important to do your research before making a decision. Just because an artist is located in La Jolla, it does not mean he or she has the skills and experience you need to give you the best results.
Some of things to look for when choosing an artist to work with include:
- Experience — never feel afraid to ask about an artist’s experience (questions to ask include: How long have you been microblading? Are you licensed? How many clients have you worked with? Can I see your portfolio and client reviews?)
- Cleanliness — most artists will allow you to schedule a free consultation prior to scheduling the actual service. This is important because you can check out the facility during the consultation to make sure it is clean and that they are taking proper precautions to ensure your safety.
- Experience with eyebrow shapes similar to what you are looking for — this is very important! If you are looking for a particular shape or color, you will want to make sure you find someone who has worked with clients who have similar brows as you. Of course no one will have the exact brow you are looking to achieve, but this will give you peace of mind that your artist has the right skill set to give you the shape you desire.
- Attention to detail — something to keep in mind when choosing your artist is how he or she pays attention to detail. When you are in the consultation do you feel like he or she is fully answering your questions and listening to exactly what you want to achieve? Or is he or she distracted or rushing through the consultation? You will want to make sure he or she is listening and paying attention to exactly what you want and makes you feel like he or she hears you and is going to give you the results you are looking for.
Schedule Your La Jolla Microblading Service Today
If you are in or near the La Jolla area and are looking for an experienced microblading artist, contact us today. We are located very close to La Jolla and have been servicing members of the community for years. We would be happy to discuss all your needs and address all your concerns in a private consultation!
Have you been hearing about microblading or maybe you have a friend, colleague or family member who has had it done and now you are intrigued? Are you getting tired of having to fill your eyebrows in each morning before seeing anyone?! Well, if you answered yes to either of these questions, you are not alone!
Microblading is the latest beauty trend which is allowing more people to achieve the brows they love without having to maintain them every day. But…how safe is it? If you are wondering how safe it is to tattoo your face, right above your eyes, you are also not alone! This is a common question, and we would love to help answer any questions you have.
If you would like to learn more about microblading services in San Diego and would like to know how safe it really is, feel free to call us to schedule an in-person consultation. During a consultation, we will walk you through the entire process; show you videos of the procedure and as well as before and after pictures of our own clients; and will answer all your questions in detail. Our goal is to be as transparent as possible, so you know exactly what to expect without any surprises.
So, How Safe Is It?
Microblading is generally considered safe and most people who get it done do not experience problems. But, as with any procedure, there are risks that you should be aware of before you choose to go through with it.
First of all — what exactly is microblading? The term “microblading” refers to a type of semi-permanent cosmetic tattoo in which a technician uses a tool with a tiny needle to draw in eyebrow hairs. The technician uses the tool to make tiny cuts in the skin and fills them in with color to create a richer, fuller brow. The tattoo itself usually lasts about a year.
What are the Risks?
Possible risks you should know about and discuss with your technician beforehand include:
- Infection — there is always a small risk of infection, as with any procedure. You could be at risk for infection if the technician doesn’t properly sterilize the equipment or uses dirty water – easily preventable by using an experienced technician. The risk for infection is low and is most always avoided by ensuring you choose an artist who follows clean and safe practices.
- Allergic reaction — some people develop allergic reactions to the ink itself. This is very rare, but can happen and is easily treated. Signs of allergic reaction include red, itchy skin and rash. Your doctor will likely prescribe a steroid or antihistamine.
- Granulomas — this is rare, but some people develop inflammatory knots around the brow area (called granulomas). This sometimes occurs months or even years after the procedure.
Schedule a Consultation for San Diego Microblading
If you’re considering microblading and are concerned about the safety and potential risks, come talk to us! We would love to address all your concerns and put your mind at ease during a private consultation. At A. Samara Beauty, we practice the highest safety standards and have the experience you need to reduce any risks. For more information or to talk to us about the safety procedures we practice, contact us today.
The price of microblading in San Diego varies, but it typically runs about $600 for the initial procedure and roughly $300-$500 for annual touch ups. At A. Samara Beauty, we are offering a limited time special for the entire procedure for only $625!
To learn more, contact us today!
Eyebrow microblading, which uses a tiny needle and ink to create hair-like strokes for fuller, richer brows, is the latest beauty trend. While sparse eyebrows were a thing of the 90s, people are now longing for thicker, fuller, darker brows. When your brows are fuller and darker, they make more of a statement and draw more attention to the eyes.
While $624 may seem like a lot, it is completely worth it! You will no longer have to fill in your eyebrows every morning before going out into the public. You simply wake up with full, dark, stunning brows that you don’t have to touch up at all! You can also go to the pool and the beach and never have to worry about your eyebrows wiping off in the water.
Initial Microblading Procedure
The initial procedure will typically cost about $600. The day of the procedure you will want to use a gentle cleanser to thoroughly clean the area to prevent infection or irritation. You may consider using a gentle exfoliant to clean dead skin off the area but be careful not to over exfoliate as this could leave the skin unprotected. Make sure to moisturize after cleaning the skin to protect the skin and allow the ink to set in. Overly dry skin will not take the color as well as hydrated skin and may cause irritation.
Your technician will walk you through the proper steps to ensure your color sets properly and you get the best results possible. This will help the results to last so you don’t have to have as many future touch ups.
Six Month Touch Up
Usually when you first get your brows tattooed, you will go through the peeling process (like a typical tattoo) and you may experience fading in certain spots. Every person is different, and the ink settles different in each person’s skin type and color. We usually suggest a touch up after 6 weeks to fill in the areas where significant fading occurs. This is $50.
One Year Touch Ups
The full effects of microblading usually lasts about 1-2 years. Most clients come in for touch ups after one year, but some people don’t need to that soon. It depends on how the ink settles in your skin and how fast it fades. One-year touch ups are not full microblading services, so they are much quicker and the healing process is much quicker than the initial procedure. One-year touch ups cost $325 at A. Samara Beauty.
Find Out if Microblading is Right For You
If you’ve been considering microblading and aren’t sure if it’s right for you, contact us for a consultation. We will talk you through the process and tell you exactly what to expect. We have years of experience in microblading and would love to create brows you will fall in love with! To find out if it’s right for you, please schedule an evaluation today!
Does the thought of tattooing your face scare you? If so, you are not alone! Afterall, microblading is a semi-permanent tattoo on your face that, if done properly, will last a long time. So, I’m sure you want to make sure you hire the right artist and everything turns out perfect.
At A. Samara Beauty, we completely understand that your eyebrows are one of the most important and defining features on your face. We also understand your concern for wanting the results to be just right. As a result, we will walk you through the process step by step and address any concerns you have prior to booking your actual appointment.
We provide microblading services for individuals in the South Park area and surrounding communities in San Diego and would love to discuss any concerns you have.
In an effort to help prepare you, we have compiled some tips:
Things to Avoid Before Your Procedure
There are some things you should avoid during the days leading up to your procedure, including:
- Direct exposure to the sun — you do not want a sunburn or to be peeling at the time of the procedure as this may cause extra irritation to the area. Dry or peeling skin will also affect the color of the tattoo and may cause it to be uneven.
- Avoid medications that can cause the blood to thin for at least 48-72 hours before the procedure — these include Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen.
- Avoid fish oil and any hair or nail supplements for 48 hours before as well.
- Do not drink coffee or anything with caffeine the day of the procedure.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours before.
Things to Do the Day of the Procedure
Your artist will guide you through the steps of what to do the day of the procedure. A reputable microblading artist will make sure to thoroughly clean the area to prevent irritation or infection. However, you should use a gentle cleanser to clean the eyebrow area before going in. You may even consider lightly exfoliating the night before, but do not over exfoliate as it could leave the skin thin and unprotected.
After gently removing dirt and bacteria from the skin, you should properly moisturize! This is an especially important step that people often forget. Adding moisture adds a protective layer to the skin and makes it healthy. Overly dry skin may not take the color as well tends to be more irritable.
What to Do After the Procedure
Post procedure care is pertinent to your results. The following are some definite dos following microblading:
- Keep ointment such as Aquaphor on the area for 7 days following the procedure to make sure it is protected and that it properly heal. The ointment will provide a protective layer.
- Do not scrub or pick at the brow area even if it scabs.
- Do not wear makeup until your artist says it’s OK.
Find Out of Microblading is Right for You
If you are in the South Park area or a surrounding community and you are considering microblading, contact us to schedule a consultation with an experienced and talented artist. Microblading truly is an artform and we make sure to treat it as such. We will help you properly prep for the procedure and achieve the most beautiful brows for your unique face!
If you have sensitive skin, don’t rule out microblading before talking to your artist. There are certain skin conditions that can cause your facial skin to be more sensitive than others, but as long as your artist is fully aware of your sensitivities and condition prior to the procedure, he or she will be able to properly prep you to ensure you achieve the beautiful results you’ve been dreaming about!
If you’re in the North Park area and are looking for microblading services, contact A. Samara Beauty today for an evaluation. Even you suffer from sensitive skin, we have the experience and skill to determine if microblading is right for you and will take all proper precautions to ensure you have the best experience and results.
Talk to Your Microblading Artist (and Doctor) Before the Procedure
If you have specific allergies or if your skin is prone to being extra sensitive, it may be a good idea to find out exactly what products will be used before, during and after the procedure so you can run them by your doctor first.
It is also important to discuss all skin conditions and sensitivities with your artist, so he or she can prepare you for the best possible experience, For example, extra ointment or a cooling compress may be used at the time of the procedure to help reduce extra inflammation.
Prep the Area Yourself
If you are aware of your skin sensitivities, it’s a good idea to prep the area yourself prior to the procedure. Bacteria and dirt, for example, may cause irritation or infection in the area if it is not cleaned properly. An experienced and reputable artist will know how to properly prep and clean your brow area before, but it never hurts to take an extra precaution and do it yourself also.
You can clean the skin with a gentle cleanser and even exfoliate the area lightly to remove dead skin and any extra dirt or bacteria. Make sure not to over exfoliate, however, as you want to keep some of the natural oils.
After you clean the area, it is crucial to moisturize! This adds a protective layer/barrier to the skin. Dry skin is more likely to flake and become irritable during and after microblading.
Stay Out of the Sun Before the Procedure
If your skin is already sensitive, you want to make sure you don’t add extra factors such as a sunburn. A sunburn can not only make the area extra sensitive, but it can also cause the skin to peel which will prevent the color from setting evenly and lasting.
Follow Post Care Instructions!
Following the post care instructions is vital to ensuring the tattoo heals properly. For example, you’ll want to keep the area clean and use the ointment provided by your artist. Ointments such as Aquaphor add a thick protective layer to the area and can help prevent irritation.
Schedule a Microblading Consult in the North Park Area Today!
If you have concerns about your skin and are not sure if microblading will work well with your skin type, you should not rule it out before consulting an experienced artist. At A. Samara Beauty, we understand all skin types and will make sure to help prep you properly, even if you have extra sensitive skin. We have been servicing women and men in the North Park area and all surrounding communities and would love to help you achieve all your beauty needs!
Microblading is fast becoming one of the most sought-after cosmetic procedures in Hillcrest and beyond. — after all, our eyebrows are one of the most defining features on our face. Today’s trending eyebrows are fuller, richer and darker, and most people are looking for an exceptional brow they don’t have to fill in every morning.
Am I Good Candidate for Microblading?
You may have heard of microblading or have friends or family members who have had it done and are super happy with their results. And you now may be wondering if it is right for you. When considering microblading, it is important to note that there is a lot that goes into being a good candidate.
As an artist, I always make sure my clients are good candidates before going through with the procedure. I want to be sure to give them the best possible experience and results and want to be sure the results will last for a long while.
Skin Conditions to Discuss with Your Artists Prior to a Procedure
Certain factors such as your age and condition of your skin will determine if microblading is right for you. For example, certain skin conditions may affect the outcome of microblading and may leave you underwhelmed with the results.
For example, if you battle with any of the following skin conditions on your face and suffer from constant skin shedding and unrest, your skin may not be in the right state to be tattooed:
- Keratosis pilaris
If you have chronic acne or rosacea, your skin may be more likely to bleed, which can make it hard for the skin to hold onto the color. If you find an artist to work with, make sure to tell her or him if you have any of these skin conditions or if you have overly oily skin. Excessive oil may cause the tattoo strokes to blend or blur together, leaving you with one solid brow instead of a natural textured and feathered look.
Other things to consider is whether you have super sensitive skin, meaning your skin turns red with the slightest scratch. This may mean you are more likely to bleed, which will again affect the color of the tattoo. If you have moles, bumps or scarring from and eyebrow piercing in the eyebrow area, this may also affect the outcome and end result.
Medications that May Affect the Outcome of Microblading
Certain medications or treatments can thin the skin and make it more sensitive and prone to bleeding which will affect how the color absorbs in the skin.
Acne medications such as Accutane and Retinol will affect your results, so may sure to discuss this with your artists ahead of time. If you’ve been using a hair growth product such as Latisse, you will want to stop using it at least 3 – 6 months priors to your procedure.
Find Out if You’re a Good Candidate for Microblading Today!
If you’re in the Hillcrest area or surrounding communities and are looking for the right microblading artists, contact us for a consultation. At A. Samara Beauty, we make sure to pre-qualify all our patients and will discuss whether microblading is right for you. Even if you suffer from one or more of the mentioned skin conditions, we would love to look at your skin and determine how we can help!
One of the most important features on our face is the eyebrow — our eyebrows can make a statement even without applying makeup. Women everywhere pluck, wax, and pencil daily to create the perfect brow. But, let’s be honest, penciling in our eyebrows can be time consuming and can look unnatural. That’s where microblading comes in. Microblading is a new, proven way to help you achieve the most beautiful brow for your face!
What is Microblading and How Do I Know It’s Safe?
Microblading is the latest beauty trend that eliminates the daily stress surrounding drawing in eyebrows. It is a technique in which a technician uses tiny blades to make small, hair-like incisions in the brow, while depositing pigment to give the client a natural-looking thicker, more defined brow.
You may have heard horror stories about microblading mishaps, and you may be wondering whether it is safe for you. Microblading is safe as long as you choose a licensed and trained technician who has experience with microblading and other skin care procedures. At A. Samara Beauty, we pride ourselves in our cleanliness, skill and expertise and are proud to deliver exceptional microblading services to people throughout National City and surrounding areas.
What are the Risks of Microblading?
Of course there are risks, as with any procedure — the greatest risk is infection. Before making the decision to undergo microblading, it is important to research the technician to make sure he or she is skilled and trained and operates using clean and healthy practices.
It is also important that he or she explains how to properly care for your new brows following the procedure.
Here are some basic tips for caring for your brows:
• First 24 hours — gently blot your brows with sterile gauze, using distilled water to get rid of any excess fluid
• After the first 24 hours: use a Q-tip to gently pat the area to clean
• After day 4: after day 4 you can start applying a thin layer of Aquaphor to help with the healing
During the first two weeks, it’s normal to experience redness, irritation and scabbing. The skin may feel itchy, but it’s important not to rub or itch the area as this could cause further irritation and could slow down the healing process. Other things to avoid for two weeks include: sauna, pools, hot tubs, exercising, using foundation near the area or using an eyebrow pencil.
Safety Tips for Clients in National City and Beyond
There are certain things you should avoid during the days leading up to your procedure to help reduce excessive bruising and swelling. These include: fish oil, ibuprofen, caffeine, alcohol, tanning, waxing and Botox.
At A. Samara Beauty, we will walk you through all the proper safety precautions and let you know exactly what to expect after the procedure. You can expect to heal within two weeks, but the actual pigment may not set in until 30 days after.
We are here to answer all your questions and will make sure you feel fully prepared and confident in your decision to work with us.
If you are in National City or a nearby area and are looking for top microblading services, contact A. Samara Beauty today. We look forward to answering your questions and helping you feel your best!
Whether you overplucked your eyebrows in the 90s, or just wish your eyebrows were fuller or darker, microblading may be the answer you’ve been looking for. I’m sure you’ve heard of microblading, and you probably know of at least one person who has had it done, but there are some things you should know beforehand to ensure you have the best experience and are happy with your results.
Tips for Choosing the Right Microblading Technician in La Mesa
Clearly one of the first things you must do is choose the right technician. This seems simple, but it’s not. You are putting your face in the hands of someone else, so it’s important you choose the right person for you.
• First, make sure the technician you choose has proven results and can show you pictures and videos of his or her personal clients.
• Make sure that when you are looking through his or her portfolio you see examples of eyebrow shape and coloring similar to what you would want. There are various pigments and shapes so it’s important to know he or she can give you the results you are looking for specifically.
• Look for client testimonials and read what they have to say about their experience and results.
• A good place to look is his or her social media page to see additional examples of his/her work.
• Make sure he or she is willing to fully answer your questions and address any concerns you may have prior to the procedure.
• Make sure your technician is licensed.
Pre-Procedure Tips for Microblading
When you choose your technician and book your appointment for microblading in La Mesa or a surrounding area, make sure to ask what you can do to avoid potential risks prior to your appointment. Some of the tips we share with our clients include:
• Avoid potential blood thinners a few days before the procedure, including fish oil supplements, Advil and ibuprofen.
• Avoid caffeine or alcohol a couple days before the procedure.
• Do not pluck or wax the area.
• Stay away from Botox just before your appointment.
Healing usually takes about two weeks, but it is common to experience redness, itchiness and scabbing.
Here are a few tips to help with the healing process:
• Avoid pools, Jacuzzis and saunas.
• Stay out of direct sunlight or tanning beds.
• Limit exercise or sports causing you to sweat.
• Do not scratch or rub the area.
• If you experience excess fluid in the first 24 hours, use a sterile cloth to lightly blot the area.
• After day 4 you can apply Aquaphor (or the ointment provided by your technician) to help with the dryness and to ease irritation.
If you are looking for top microblading services in La Mesa and surrounding communities, we would love to speak with you! A. Samara Beauty has a proven record of success and has a long list of happy and satisfied clients. We pride ourselves in our experience, attention to detail and client satisfaction.
We understand that every client is different and that each brow has its own unique shape and color. We view microblading as an art and an honor as it is a semi-permanent change to help clients look and feel their best! We would be honored to speak with you, discuss your specific needs, and give you all the tips for a successful experience with results you’ll love.
Arched, bushy, and bold eyebrows give a groomed look even without putting on any makeup. However, most women don’t have thick brows as natural eyebrows can be sparse or may lose hair with age or by over-plucking. The result is often narrow looking and sparse eyebrows. Women in Chula Vista and all over San Diego have been using various methods to get dense and fuller eyebrows. These methods include penciling or inking of brows and facial injections to get an illusion of thicker and bushier brows.
With an advancement in technology, several new techniques have been introduced in the makeup and beauty industry and eyebrow microblading is one of them. Here in our eyebrow microblading salon, our Chula Vista customers can expect oodles of appeal to their face by just tweaking this one basic feature. We know that eyebrows shape the face, give character and prominence to your overall features and the slightest modification changes a person’s whole appearance.
What is Eyebrow Microblading?
Eyebrow microblading also known as eyebrow embroidery or 3D microblading is a semi-permanent tattoo procedure that enhances thin-looking eyebrows. The pigment is implanted under the skin and the procedure is done by a trained expert with a small pen-like tool to create tiny, hair-like strokes giving eyebrows a fully natural look. With this small tool, the pigment is not placed as deep as a regular tattoo and thus is semi-permanent.
If you do not want to spend the extra time on your eyebrows while getting ready in the morning or do not worry of them fading throughout the day, then you can search for eyebrow microblading near me in Chula Vista and visit A. Samara Beauty to book an appointment.
How Eyebrow Microblading Works?
Here at our eyebrow microblading salon, our Chula Vista customers can expect experts to use a specifically designed tool to implant pigment into the epidermis. They create fine lines that mimic strokes of hair giving your eyebrows a natural and realistic look. There are few steps involved in the process such as analyzing your eyebrows to look at the sparse patches that need filling. We measure your eyebrows and then pencil in the new eyebrows as per your preference. After this comes the actual procedure, a numbing cream is applied and then tiny hair-like strokes are etched onto the eyebrows.
The second stage of the procedure is touch-up which is done after about 5 weeks of your initial procedure. This is done because the color fades slightly within 4 weeks as the skin heals and peels. This step corrects irregularities.
Does Microblading Hurt?
It depends on each individual, but here at A. Samara Beauty we apply a numbing cream to your eyebrows and reapply during the procedure. You won’t feel any pain from cutting of the blade, but most likely feel the pressure or a scratching sensation.
We hope these answers help you. So, what are you waiting for? Visit the best eyebrow microblading in Chula Vista, A. Samara Beauty, and find your new look today!
If you are in the beauty industry and are wanting to get into the art of microblading, you are making a wonderful decision for your career and future! Microblading is the newest, hottest trend — I mean, who doesn’t want rich, full brows that they don’t have to fill in each morning?
So, you’ve made your decision to add microblading to your list of services, but now what? The next step (and most crucial) is to find a microblading course near you that will provide you with the comprehensive education and training you need to give your clients the beautiful results they are looking for. But how do you know you are choosing the right microblading course?
At A. Samara Beauty, we understand the importance of proper training and have put together the following tips on how to select the right microblading school:
1. Experience, experience, experience! The number one thing you should do before choosing a microblading school is to make sure the trainer has at least two years of hands-on experience. Anyone can train — in fact, training someone in microblading is much easier than performing the procedure. Because microblading takes such precise skill and concentration, and because every client has unique eyebrows and skin, it is not an easy thing to do. Thus, it is especially important that you ask to see your trainer’s portfolio and client reviews before choosing to allow him or her to teach you. Keep in mind you will want to train with someone who shapes eyebrows the way you would want to. This will ensure you get the right training to match your style.
2. Type of training — much of today’s training is virtual as people continue to social distance. And while this is amazing and you can learn from the comfort of your own home, you must really consider whether you learn the best this way. If you know that you learn better with in person training, be sure to find a school that offers in person training.
3. Hands-on training with live models — just because you complete a microblading course, it does not mean you will be ready to perform on a live client. When you are choosing a microblading school, make sure they offer hands-on training with live models so you can have real life experience before working on clients.
4. Choose a school with ongoing support — after you complete your course, you will likely have questions. You are not an expert overnight, nor should anyone mistake you to be. When you are choosing a microblading school, make sure there is some type of continued support or mentorship program you can plug into. You may also consider asking if there is a virtual community they recommend that you can be a part of so you can continue learning from more experienced artists.
5. Less is not always more — if you are in the market for a microblading training course, keep in mind that less is not always more. I have seen so many people put out microblading courses online because they can. Many of the courses are cheap and quick, and there is a reason for that! Microblading is such an intricate artform and you will want to make sure you learn the right technique from the right trainer, not just the cheapest. Remember, this is an investment in your future, and it should be taken seriously!
Learn More About Our Microblading School
At A. Samara Beauty, we are proud to help artists throughout the Greater San Diego area realize their microblading dreams! We offer in-depth training courses with live models and lots of dedicated one-on-one attention. For more information about the courses we offer, contact us today!