If you are considering taking courses to become a microblading artist, there are a few things you should think about before starting the program.
First, it is especially important to recognize your ability to be a perfectionist. Microblading is an incredibly detailed, precise service that takes time and focus. It is not something that can be rushed. So, before you dive into a microblading training course, you should really think about whether it is truly something that will be enjoyable for you to do.
It is also important to choose a program that feels right for you. Not all microblading training courses are taught the same — some are strictly online while others are in-person, offering more one-on-one attention. You should also make sure you check out the instructor’s work ahead of time to determine if his or her style matches your own.
Some other things to think about before starting your microblading courses include:
- Practice makes perfect! Sound cliché? Well, it’s not. It’s true, especially in this field. It’s totally normal to feel eager to start on your first actual client after completing the course. But, even when you think you are ready, you should practice a few more times to really gain the confidence in your abilities. Your client will feel your confidence and that will make her or him feel confident in the process as well.
- Be prepared to take detailed notes and practice everything you learn. It may sound silly to be told to take notes, but it’s really important to take detailed notes as you are going through the training. It is also important to practice what you learn each night so you can retain the information and really develop the proper techniques while training is fresh in your mind.
- Not every eyebrow will be shaped the same, so it is important to learn the proper technique to create the right shape for each individual face. This is a skill you must learn to perfect before starting on paying clients, so make sure to really pay attention to this during training and ask questions if you have them!
- When you are choosing your microblading course, make sure that you will have great support after the course is over. Choosing an instructor who will continue to support you and will be available for questions post-training is important so you can continue to feel confident in your new skill and develop more techniques.
Before you dive into a microblading course, it is important to do your research to make sure it is something you really want to do and believe you can do. It is equally important to find the right instructor with the right training course for you. Don’t just choose a course that is fast or cheap — really make sure it is a course that will help you become the best microblading artist possible.
Learn More About A. Samara Beauty and Our Microblading Course
To learn more about the course we provide, contact us today. We pour into our students and make sure they receive the best possibly training experience so they can have the tools to become the best artist they can be! We look forward to hearing from you and helping you on this new journey!
Microblading can be a wonderful career for people in the beauty industry who love to help clients feel confident and beautiful in their own skin. But, before you decide to jump into a training program, it is important that you do the work to choose the RIGHT microblading class to set you up for success.
I’ve been seeing a ton of 2- or 3-day microblading training courses pop up lately because people feel like they can make better money at training than actually providing the microblading service (which is much harder to do). So, before you sign up for a quick training session, it is important to realize this is an exceedingly difficult and intricate skill to learn so you want to be sure you receive the right training from the right instructor so you are not left confused and unprepared.
Think about it — most tattoo artists are required to apprentice for two years before they can even touch human skin with a needle. Although this is different, it is important that you learn the proper techniques and that you understand all the potential issues that may arise with clients before they actually do.
Tips for Choosing the Right Class
OK, so next step—how do you choose the right microblading class? Well, it may take time and it will not be cheap. But here are a few tips that may help your process:
- Choose an instructor with experience. I’ve seen these courses pop up from instructors with very little experience and that is not what you want. To be sure you are learning from the best, you will want to go with an instructor who has at least two years of experience in microblading. It is also important to look at his or her portfolio to be sure your style fits with theirs. Reviews are also important! Look for client testimonials and reviews to make sure he or she is someone who can teach you the tips and tricks you need to know to make a range of clients happy.
- What does the course look like? Before choosing a class, it will be important to know how many days of training there will be and what the agenda looks like. The key thing to look for is a course that offers a comprehensive, in-depth agenda.
- What happens once the course is over? It is also important to find a course that offers continued support after the program is over. Just know it is common to feel overwhelmed and full of questions when the training is over, so it is important to go with an instructor who will provide ongoing support and a space where you can continue to ask questions and seek help.
- Practice on live models is key! When you are choosing a microblading class, make sure you will be able to practice on a live model. It is so important to touch as much skin as you can and get as much practice in before asking to be paid.
Talk to Us About Our Microblading Class
At A. Samara Beauty, we offer comprehensive training courses to ensure you feel confident and ready upon completion. We are passionate about our personal microblading services and want to make sure we provide the best training possible for those who share a passion in making people feel beautiful.
Our training offers one-on-one attention, practice on a live model and a full kit so you can perform several procedures on your own. We also offer continued support and mentorship after you complete your training and will always be here to support you and answer all your questions.
To learn more or to enroll in our microblading training course, contact us today. We look forward to hearing from you and being a part of this new journey!
Microblading has quickly become one of the hottest trends in the beauty industry. More and more women and men are jumping on the train, seeking beautiful, full brows. As it becomes more popular, estheticians who are passionate about helping people feel confident and beautiful in their own skin are taking courses to become microblading artists.
If you are passionate about the beauty industry and are wanting to become a professional microblading artist, it is important that you receive proper training so you can provide your clients with the most beautiful results they can feel confident and proud of.
At A. Samara Beauty, we offer in-depth microblading training courses followed by continued support and mentorship. By learning from the best artist, and having continued support, you will be sure to learn the proper techniques so your clients will love their results!
What Do Our Microblading Training Courses Include?
We designed our microblading training courses with the intention of providing the most detailed and comprehensive education on microblading.
We take our time to go through all the fundamental steps of microblading to ensure our students understand the proper techniques and are able to deliver outstanding results for their clients.
Training courses include:
- A live model
- Complete kit so each trainee can perform several procedures on his/her own
- In-depth videos and manuals so you can take detailed notes
- One-one-on attention with an experienced microblading artist to ensure all your questions are addressed and you complete the training feeling confident and ready to become a successful artist
- Post-course support and mentorship to make sure you continue to feel confident
- Complete guide to all the tips and tricks of the trade
The Right Training is Everything in the Beauty Industry
Learning from the right artist is incredibly important. When someone comes to you with trust to semi-permanently tattoo their face, it is especially important that you can deliver beautiful results that enhance their features and make them feel beautiful.
Learning the proper techniques is important. At A. Samara Beauty, we are dedicated to providing the highest-quality training with a lot of attention to detail. We make sure you fully understand the proper technique and are equipped with all the tips, tricks and secrets upon completion.
We understand the level of trust people are putting into you to help them create the perfect brow for their face and we will make sure to give you the best training and mentorship support so you can feel confident in your work and provide exceptional results that will make you and your clients proud!
Learn More about Our Microblading Training Program
If you’re eager to learn how to become a successful microblading artists, contact us to find out if our training is right for you. We look forward to hearing from you and being a part of this new journey! We are committed to your success and will do everything we can to provide you with the proper skills that will set your work apart from others in the industry.
Are you still filling in your eyebrows every morning with a brow pencil, secretly wishing they were darker, fuller or more uniform? Well, you are not alone! That is why microblading has quickly become one of the leading trends in the beauty industry. Luckily, if your in Chula Vista or the surrounding area, this post if for you.
If you are considering microblading, it is completely normal to have concerns about the potential risks associated with the procedure. Our Chula Vista microblading specialist put together a list of potential complications associated with microblading along with ways to avoid them.
Infection: Signs and Causes
Infection due to irritation or allergic reaction from the pigment is a leading complication associated with microblading. While it is totally normal to experience some discomfort or pain during the procedure, it is not normal to have severe pain after the appointment is over.
You may experience slight stinging, but you should contact your physician immediately if severe or ongoing pain occurs as this could be the first sign of infection.
Other possible signs of infection include:
- Swelling or puffiness in the brow area
- Scabbing two weeks after the procedure (it is normal for scabbing to occur immediately following the procedure but if it continues after two weeks, you should see your doctor to make sure an infection isn’t forming)
- Yellow-tinged pus or discharge or excessive redness
If you experience any unusual symptoms that may be showing early signs of infection, you should seek medical attention immediately. The brow area is so close to the brain that you do not want an infection entering your blood stream. Infection can be treated with antibiotics.
How to Prevent Infection
The most important step you can take to avoid infection is choosing a microblading technician that is highly qualified and experienced, and who is known for clean and safe practices. It is important to research your technician before the procedure so you can rest assured you are choosing someone who will not only give you the best aesthetic results but will also ensure your safety.
Some the things to look for when choosing a technician include:
- Reviews: do your research and see what other clients have to say about the technician — how many microblading reviews does he or she have? What do the reviews say about the experience and the results? What do the reviews say about his/her cleanliness and attention to detail?
- Does the technician have a license? It is perfectly OK for you to ask to see the license and ask about his or her experience.
- Ask about safety procedures: it is also OK to be proactive and to ask the technician what safety procedures he or she follows to reduce the risk of infection. For example, the tool used for microblading should be a one-time use, to make sure he or she opens a new package when performing your procedure.
After you choose your technician, ask him or her for an instruction sheet for proper care following the appointment. It is important to keep in mind that once you leave the appointment there are things you will need to do to keep the area clean and reduce any risk for irritation and infection.
Some of the things you should avoid include:
- Getting the area wet for a certain number of days
- Applying makeup to the face for at least a week
- Touching, rubbing or picking at the scabs
- Swimming, saunas and activities that can cause sweating until the area is completely healed
- Exposure to the sun
- Do Keep the area clean and apply the ointment provided by your physician as directed to keep it protected and avoid drying out
Schedule an Appointment for Chula Vista Microblading
If you are considering microblading and you are in Chula Vista or a surrounding area, contact A. Samara Beauty today. We provide exceptional services and will do everything we can to help reduce the risk for complications and infection.
I’m sure you’ve been hearing the term “microblading” and you may even know someone who has had it done. But, what exactly is it and is it safe?
Microblading is a type of semi-permanent tattooing that involves tiny, fine-point needles which make small incisions in the brow area while simultaneously depositing pigment to form little hair-like tattoos. This procedure creates realistic-looking brow hairs that do not wash off. Unlike ink from a tattoo gun, this is not permanent and will fade over time.
While microblading is not permanent, it can last anywhere from 1-3 years depending on your skin type. Typically, the oilier the skin, the quicker it will fade. Most clients will need to go back for a touch up after one month as some of the initial pigment may fade, but after the initial touch up, you will likely be set for at least one year.
What to Expect at a Microblading Appointment
Your technician will go over the type of brow you desire and will draw the brow directly on to your face so you can see exactly what it will look like before he/she gets started. During this time, he or she will likely ask you to smile, laugh and frown to create a brow that matches the symmetry of your face.
Every face is different, so it is important that your brow fits your unique face structure. Your technician will work with you to create the thickness and darkness you desire to give you the full brow you’ve been wanting!
Your brow area will be numbed before treatment begins. Wait time for the numbness to kick in is usually about 30 minutes. While you are waiting, your technician will discuss after care with you and will be able to answer any questions you may have. After you are numb. Treatment begins and this will take about an hour. Then… your new brows will be revealed!
It is important to keep in mind that the initial tattoo will be darker than what it will fade to. It usually takes about a week or so to fade but it can take up to four weeks to see the final results. After it is healed, you will likely need a touch up to fill in the gaps of where excess fading occurs. A touch up appointment is typically scheduled 4-6 weeks after the initial appointment.
What You Should Do after the Appointment
It is important to follow the proper aftercare instructions provided by your technician to ensure proper healing and to reduce the risk of irritation or infection.
Some things to note include:
- Do not get your brows wet at all during the first week (we recommend not washing your hair and using face wipes or a damp wash cloth or sponge when washing your face to keep water from dripping on to the brow area)
- Do not touch your brows or rub or pick at the scabs
- Avoid saunas, pools and anything that may cause you to sweat
- Avoid direct exposure to the sun
- Do not apply makeup or moisturizer until your technician says its OK
- Apply the ointment provided by your technician during the healing process to keep the skin from drying out to create a protective barrier
- The area will be tender during the healing process, but it should not be overly painful
If you notice any signs of infection, contact your physician immediately. Signs may include excessive redness, puffiness, severe pain and or yellow discharge.
After your brows are healed, you will go in for your touch up and your technician will make sure you achieve the results you have been dreaming about! And then you can enjoy your new, full brows!
Schedule a Consultation Today
If you’ve been wanting to ditch your brow pencil and wake up to beautiful, full brows, contact A. Samara Beauty today. We provide our clients with the best possible service and are available to answer any questions you may have.
If you are considering microblading, it is important to learn and understand the proper way to care for your eyebrows post procedure to ensure the best results and reduce the risk of infection and other complications.
A. Samara Beauty Salon provides exceptional microblading services for Coronado residents and people in surrounding communities. When new clients come to us, we make sure they not only understand what the process entails, but also what post-care and maintenance should look like — after all, our goal is to help our clients achieve long-lasting results they can be proud of!
Our Coronado microblading specialist put together some tips on how to properly care for the eyebrow and surrounding skin after undergoing microblading to prevent infection and ensure the best results:
Things to Avoid Post Microblading
There are certain things you should avoid after a microblading appointment to prevent irritation and other complications, including:
- Applying makeup to the face, especially near the eyebrow area
- Applying creams or lotions on or near the eyebrow
- Exposure to the sun (this can cause fading or peeling of the tattoo and can result in patches and irritation)
- Shampooing the hair (its important to keep any type of soap away from the area)
- Rubbing or picking at the scabs
- Exercise or activities that cause sweating
How to Safely Wash the Face
It is important to keep water and soap away from the brow area. We recommend using a damp sponge or washcloth to gently clean the face while avoiding the eyebrow area altogether.
It may help if you:
- Wet a sponge or cloth with warm water
- Apply a small amount of face wash to the wet cloth
- Squeeze out excess water to prevent drips
- Gently dab the cloth around the face, avoiding the brow area
- Carefully pat the skin dry while avoiding any rubbing or contact with the brows
Tips for Safe Healing
It is important to ask your technician for post microblading care instructions. He or she should provide you with a care instruction sheet and if you have any questions always contact your technician to make sure you are taking the proper precaution during the healing process.
Some of the things you can do to support proper healing include:
- Keep the area clean — your technician will advise you when it is safe to gently clean the area with a mild facial cleanser and slightly warm water.
- Apply the ointment provided or recommended by your technician — after several days, when your technician says it safe, you will want to apply a small amount of ointment to the area to create a protective barrier and to help with the healing process. Your technician will likely recommend something like Aquaphor.
- Keep it moist — when your technician says its safe make sure to keep the skin moisturized. If it dries out it can heal unevenly.
- Do not use anything medicated without seeing a physician — if you feel like the skin is irritated or infected, see a physician before applying any additional ointment such as Neosporin.
Schedule a Consultation with a Coronado Microblading Specialist Today!
If you are considering microblading in Coronado or a surrounding area, please contact Microblading San Diego By A. Samara Beauty for a consultation! We would love to discuss your needs and help you achieve the eyebrow you have been wanting. We will discuss in detail what to expect during and after the procedure and will be available to answer all your questions.
If you are in the La Jolla area and are looking for exceptional microblading services, contact A. Samara Beauty Salon for a private consultation. We have been servicing members of the La Jolla community for years and would love to discuss your microblading needs.
Microblading Tailored to Your Face and Style
The shape and color of a person’s eyebrow can completely change the way he or she looks. Because every face is unique, it is important to find an artist with a lot of experience in microblading and who has worked with clients who have similar eyebrow shape and coloring as you want.
Never feel afraid to ask to look at an artist’s portfolio and to see client reviews and testimonials before deciding if he or she is the right fit for you — after all, this is a semi-permanent tattoo that is on your face and you’ll want to go with someone who will give you the beautiful results you are looking for.
What to Look for When Choosing a La Jolla Microblading Artist
If you are looking for a microblading artist in the La Jolla area, it is important to do your research before making a decision. Just because an artist is located in La Jolla, it does not mean he or she has the skills and experience you need to give you the best results.
Some of things to look for when choosing an artist to work with include:
- Experience — never feel afraid to ask about an artist’s experience (questions to ask include: How long have you been microblading? Are you licensed? How many clients have you worked with? Can I see your portfolio and client reviews?)
- Cleanliness — most artists will allow you to schedule a free consultation prior to scheduling the actual service. This is important because you can check out the facility during the consultation to make sure it is clean and that they are taking proper precautions to ensure your safety.
- Experience with eyebrow shapes similar to what you are looking for — this is very important! If you are looking for a particular shape or color, you will want to make sure you find someone who has worked with clients who have similar brows as you. Of course no one will have the exact brow you are looking to achieve, but this will give you peace of mind that your artist has the right skill set to give you the shape you desire.
- Attention to detail — something to keep in mind when choosing your artist is how he or she pays attention to detail. When you are in the consultation do you feel like he or she is fully answering your questions and listening to exactly what you want to achieve? Or is he or she distracted or rushing through the consultation? You will want to make sure he or she is listening and paying attention to exactly what you want and makes you feel like he or she hears you and is going to give you the results you are looking for.
Schedule Your La Jolla Microblading Service Today
If you are in or near the La Jolla area and are looking for an experienced microblading artist, contact us today. We are located very close to La Jolla and have been servicing members of the community for years. We would be happy to discuss all your needs and address all your concerns in a private consultation!
Have you been hearing about microblading or maybe you have a friend, colleague or family member who has had it done and now you are intrigued? Are you getting tired of having to fill your eyebrows in each morning before seeing anyone?! Well, if you answered yes to either of these questions, you are not alone!
Microblading is the latest beauty trend which is allowing more people to achieve the brows they love without having to maintain them every day. But…how safe is it? If you are wondering how safe it is to tattoo your face, right above your eyes, you are also not alone! This is a common question, and we would love to help answer any questions you have.
If you would like to learn more about microblading services in San Diego and would like to know how safe it really is, feel free to call us to schedule an in-person consultation. During a consultation, we will walk you through the entire process; show you videos of the procedure and as well as before and after pictures of our own clients; and will answer all your questions in detail. Our goal is to be as transparent as possible, so you know exactly what to expect without any surprises.
So, How Safe Is It?
Microblading is generally considered safe and most people who get it done do not experience problems. But, as with any procedure, there are risks that you should be aware of before you choose to go through with it.
First of all — what exactly is microblading? The term “microblading” refers to a type of semi-permanent cosmetic tattoo in which a technician uses a tool with a tiny needle to draw in eyebrow hairs. The technician uses the tool to make tiny cuts in the skin and fills them in with color to create a richer, fuller brow. The tattoo itself usually lasts about a year.
What are the Risks?
Possible risks you should know about and discuss with your technician beforehand include:
- Infection — there is always a small risk of infection, as with any procedure. You could be at risk for infection if the technician doesn’t properly sterilize the equipment or uses dirty water – easily preventable by using an experienced technician. The risk for infection is low and is most always avoided by ensuring you choose an artist who follows clean and safe practices.
- Allergic reaction — some people develop allergic reactions to the ink itself. This is very rare, but can happen and is easily treated. Signs of allergic reaction include red, itchy skin and rash. Your doctor will likely prescribe a steroid or antihistamine.
- Granulomas — this is rare, but some people develop inflammatory knots around the brow area (called granulomas). This sometimes occurs months or even years after the procedure.
Schedule a Consultation for San Diego Microblading
If you’re considering microblading and are concerned about the safety and potential risks, come talk to us! We would love to address all your concerns and put your mind at ease during a private consultation. At A. Samara Beauty, we practice the highest safety standards and have the experience you need to reduce any risks. For more information or to talk to us about the safety procedures we practice, contact us today.
The price of microblading in San Diego varies, but it typically runs about $600 for the initial procedure and roughly $300-$500 for annual touch ups. At A. Samara Beauty, we are offering a limited time special for the initial procedure for only $475!
To learn more, contact us today!
Eyebrow microblading, which uses a tiny needle and ink to create hair-like strokes for fuller, richer brows, is the latest beauty trend. While sparse eyebrows were a thing of the 90s, people are now longing for thicker, fuller, darker brows. When your brows are fuller and darker, they make more of a statement and draw more attention to the eyes.
While $600 (even $475) may seem like a lot, it is completely worth it! You will no longer have to fill in your eyebrows every morning before going out into the public. You simply wake up with full, dark, stunning brows that you don’t have to touch up at all! You can also go to the pool and the beach and never have to worry about your eyebrows wiping off in the water.
Initial Microblading Procedure
The initial procedure will typically cost about $600. The day of the procedure you will want to use a gentle cleanser to thoroughly clean the area to prevent infection or irritation. You may consider using a gentle exfoliant to clean dead skin off the area but be careful not to over exfoliate as this could leave the skin unprotected. Make sure to moisturize after cleaning the skin to protect the skin and allow the ink to set in. Overly dry skin will not take the color as well as hydrated skin and may cause irritation.
Your technician will walk you through the proper steps to ensure your color sets properly and you get the best results possible. This will help the results to last so you don’t have to have as many future touch ups.
Six Month Touch Up
Usually when you first get your brows tattooed, you will go through the peeling process (like a typical tattoo) and you may experience fading in certain spots. Every person is different, and the ink settles different in each person’s skin type and color. We usually suggest a touch up after 6 weeks to fill in the areas where significant fading occurs. This is $50.
One Year Touch Ups
The full effects of microblading usually lasts about 1-2 years. Most clients come in for touch ups after one year, but some people don’t need to that soon. It depends on how the ink settles in your skin and how fast it fades. One-year touch ups are not full microblading services, so they are much quicker and the healing process is much quicker than the initial procedure. One-year touch ups cost $325 at A. Samara Beauty.
Find Out if Microblading is Right For You
If you’ve been considering microblading and aren’t sure if it’s right for you, contact us for a consultation. We will talk you through the process and tell you exactly what to expect. We have years of experience in microblading and would love to create brows you will fall in love with! To find out if it’s right for you, please schedule an evaluation today!
Does the thought of tattooing your face scare you? If so, you are not alone! Afterall, microblading is a semi-permanent tattoo on your face that, if done properly, will last a long time. So, I’m sure you want to make sure you hire the right artist and everything turns out perfect.
At A. Samara Beauty, we completely understand that your eyebrows are one of the most important and defining features on your face. We also understand your concern for wanting the results to be just right. As a result, we will walk you through the process step by step and address any concerns you have prior to booking your actual appointment.
We provide microblading services for individuals in the South Park area and surrounding communities in San Diego and would love to discuss any concerns you have.
In an effort to help prepare you, we have compiled some tips:
Things to Avoid Before Your Procedure
There are some things you should avoid during the days leading up to your procedure, including:
- Direct exposure to the sun — you do not want a sunburn or to be peeling at the time of the procedure as this may cause extra irritation to the area. Dry or peeling skin will also affect the color of the tattoo and may cause it to be uneven.
- Avoid medications that can cause the blood to thin for at least 48-72 hours before the procedure — these include Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen.
- Avoid fish oil and any hair or nail supplements for 48 hours before as well.
- Do not drink coffee or anything with caffeine the day of the procedure.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours before.
Things to Do the Day of the Procedure
Your artist will guide you through the steps of what to do the day of the procedure. A reputable microblading artist will make sure to thoroughly clean the area to prevent irritation or infection. However, you should use a gentle cleanser to clean the eyebrow area before going in. You may even consider lightly exfoliating the night before, but do not over exfoliate as it could leave the skin thin and unprotected.
After gently removing dirt and bacteria from the skin, you should properly moisturize! This is an especially important step that people often forget. Adding moisture adds a protective layer to the skin and makes it healthy. Overly dry skin may not take the color as well tends to be more irritable.
What to Do After the Procedure
Post procedure care is pertinent to your results. The following are some definite dos following microblading:
- Keep ointment such as Aquaphor on the area for 7 days following the procedure to make sure it is protected and that it properly heal. The ointment will provide a protective layer.
- Do not scrub or pick at the brow area even if it scabs.
- Do not wear makeup until your artist says it’s OK.
Find Out of Microblading is Right for You
If you are in the South Park area or a surrounding community and you are considering microblading, contact us to schedule a consultation with an experienced and talented artist. Microblading truly is an artform and we make sure to treat it as such. We will help you properly prep for the procedure and achieve the most beautiful brows for your unique face!