Coronado Microblading: Tips for Aftercare for Your Eyebrows
If you are considering microblading, it is important to learn and understand the proper way to care for your eyebrows post procedure to ensure the best results and reduce the risk of infection and other complications.
A. Samara Beauty Salon provides exceptional microblading services for Coronado residents and people in surrounding communities. When new clients come to us, we make sure they not only understand what the process entails, but also what post-care and maintenance should look like — after all, our goal is to help our clients achieve long-lasting results they can be proud of!
Our Coronado microblading specialist put together some tips on how to properly care for the eyebrow and surrounding skin after undergoing microblading to prevent infection and ensure the best results:
Things to Avoid Post Microblading
There are certain things you should avoid after a microblading appointment to prevent irritation and other complications, including:
- Applying makeup to the face, especially near the eyebrow area
- Applying creams or lotions on or near the eyebrow
- Exposure to the sun (this can cause fading or peeling of the tattoo and can result in patches and irritation)
- Shampooing the hair (its important to keep any type of soap away from the area)
- Rubbing or picking at the scabs
- Exercise or activities that cause sweating
How to Safely Wash the Face
It is important to keep water and soap away from the brow area. We recommend using a damp sponge or washcloth to gently clean the face while avoiding the eyebrow area altogether.
It may help if you:
- Wet a sponge or cloth with warm water
- Apply a small amount of face wash to the wet cloth
- Squeeze out excess water to prevent drips
- Gently dab the cloth around the face, avoiding the brow area
- Carefully pat the skin dry while avoiding any rubbing or contact with the brows
Tips for Safe Healing
It is important to ask your technician for post microblading care instructions. He or she should provide you with a care instruction sheet and if you have any questions always contact your technician to make sure you are taking the proper precaution during the healing process.
Some of the things you can do to support proper healing include:
- Keep the area clean — your technician will advise you when it is safe to gently clean the area with a mild facial cleanser and slightly warm water.
- Apply the ointment provided or recommended by your technician — after several days, when your technician says it safe, you will want to apply a small amount of ointment to the area to create a protective barrier and to help with the healing process. Your technician will likely recommend something like Aquaphor.
- Keep it moist — when your technician says its safe make sure to keep the skin moisturized. If it dries out it can heal unevenly.
- Do not use anything medicated without seeing a physician — if you feel like the skin is irritated or infected, see a physician before applying any additional ointment such as Neosporin.
Schedule a Consultation with a Coronado Microblading Specialist Today!
If you are considering microblading in Coronado or a surrounding area, please contact Microblading San Diego By A. Samara Beauty for a consultation! We would love to discuss your needs and help you achieve the eyebrow you have been wanting. We will discuss in detail what to expect during and after the procedure and will be available to answer all your questions.